Jul 31, 2011

Shaun Cassidy Memories

As Tony and I were doing errands today we heard Da Doo Ron Ron on the radio.  I was instantly transported to my younger days when I had a major crush on Shaun Cassidy (think Justin Bieber today-except Shaun Cassidy was actually cute).  It all started though, because my older sister told me that I should ask for Shaun Cassidy's Born Late album for my birthday.  Now interesting side note here...this sister and I did not get along very well at all!  But obviously I still cared what she thought because I asked for the record, even though I didn't really know who he was then.  However, I ended up loving the album and became a Shaun Cassidy fan.  I may or may not have known every word to every song on that album. I may or may not have sung them at the top of my lungs while hugging the album cover and dancing.  I may or may not have thought he was extremely attractive (don't tell my kids though because he had long hair, and I kind of make a big fuss about long hair).  So hearing that song made me have a little moment of reminiscing.  Ahhh to be young and ridiculous again!  To watch CHIPs just so you could see Erik Estrada's smile, or Dukes of Hazzard to see Tom Wopat in those jeans.... (I may or may not have kissed the television once when he was on screen).  I guess maybe the Justin Bieber craze isn't soooo hard to understand, and it certainly is fun to remember those days.
I wish I would have saved all these old records!

No comments:

Post a Comment