Jul 9, 2011

America The Beautiful!

Ok, so the 4th of July has come and gone, but it's never a bad time to be grateful for this great country.  I had the opportunity to live out of the country for 3 years when I was a teenager.  What an eye opening experience that was for me!  I had no idea that everyone couldn't go to school if they wanted to.  That some days you just couldn't buy milk, that calling the police didn't mean they would be right there, that water wouldn't be safe to drink, and that you couldn't get married anywhere you wanted to.  (to name just a few things)  I absolutely loved my time in Brazil and it is a great country, but when we returned to the United States I wanted to kiss the ground when we got off the plane in Florida.  And yes if you were in Walt Disney World on the 4th of July in 1986, I was that crazy teenager crying when the National Anthem was played.  Here in this land of opportunity we can do anything we are willing to work hard enough to do.  Our great country has problems, and they seem to be growing at an alarming rate, but it is still the greatest place to be!
New York 2007
Pearl Harbor 2008
Washington DC for our 20th Anniversary in 2010

I just might have gotten teary eyed here.

The White House



Gettysburg-OK I got teary eyed here too!
I am so grateful for those who fought in the Civil War to preserve our nation.


Arlington National Cemetery-Just plain cried here.
I am grateful to all those who have fought to preserve our freedom and the freedom of others.


I am proud to be an American!

1 comment:

  1. This is a very nice blog Annette. Sure liked your comments about each of these pictures. I to love our country and country men and women who have made it possible for me to live like I do.

    ReplyDelete