Jul 11, 2011

Finally Used the China

When I lived in Brazil, my parents got me a full set of china and some nice silverware.  True I was only 17, but it was a deal that couldn't be passed up, and it's not like china goes bad or anything.  So for some 25 years it has sat packed up, or sitting in my cupboards getting dusty.  My children have often asked, "Why do you even have china if you are never going to use it.?"  Valid question.  So yesterday we used the china, got out the crystal and the whole bit.  The kids seemed a little nervous to use it, but it was actually kind of fun.  We also had a little lesson on proper manners.  Who would have thought that you were supposed to put your napkin in your lap, keep your elbows off the table, and avoid scooping up your food with your fingers.  It went pretty well until my 18 year old ate the rest of the jello off the plate with the serving spoon. If my children ever eat at your house, please know that I did at least try to teach them manners...
(We don't even have a nice tablecloth, guess I'll have to get one.)

2 comments:

  1. Hah! I love you cousin! That was fabulous. We use ours, but I'm a dish nazi. I LOVE dishes. I also have a bazillion table-clothes, but mostly I just use any piece of interesting fabric I have around. It works and it is cheap. Enjoy! Fun blog, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house looks almost exactly like my sisters house. I was, at first, is that my sisters house? Good job using your china!

    ReplyDelete