Aug 5, 2011

Rise and Shout!

These came in the mail yesterday, and I must say that I can hardly contain my excitement. I love fall and football, it is probably my favorite time of the year.  I love all the excitement through fall camp, and the build up to the first game.  I love heading into the stadium, the electricity buzzing through the stands, the roar of the crowd.  I am a true blue BYU fan!  Even last year when we struggled mightily, I loved watching them pull together and turn things around.  So many new things happening this year and we are starting out with our hardest games, but the excitement is still building rapidly in our house-soon to reach a fever pitch.

Our children have all become big fans as well (so surprising considering their parents).  I think Alexis is more excited for football than college, but I remember an 18 year old freshman who was just like her 20+ years ago.  I was trying to remember when I first became a fan, but it was hard to pinpoint exactly.  I know it was before the 1980 Holiday Bowl when I was so nervous in the end that I couldn't sit still, and no things haven't changed much. I remember Steve Young handing off the ball to Eddie Stinett, and then Stinett passing it back to him for the win.  I remember being in Brazil for the undefeated season, and watching every tape that was sent of the games from home.  I was at BYU during Ty Detmer's years, oh what fun it was to be at the BYU vs. Miami game, one of the best ever.  The Pigskin classic against Texas A&M, and the Cotton Bowl.  So many memories...loved Lavell Edwards and his serious face, I can entertain myself for quite some time thinking of favorite plays and games throughout the years. Like Beck to Harline in 2006 with 3 seconds left on the clock or Hall to Collie on 4th and 18.  BYU's win over Oklahoma in Cowboy stadium, watching Andrew George run right towards me in overtime.   So many great games and great players. It was a happy day when we decided we could get season football tickets again, the only bad thing is that everyone wants to go now, so I only get to go to one or two of the games, but I love that the kids get to have the time with their Dad doing what we all love best. 

I don't know what independence will do to the program, but I love Bronco and I am anxious to see what all the coaching shakeup will bring to the team. Only 29 days! Go Cougars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment