Jul 23, 2011

Girl's Camp Adventures

I was called to be the camp director for the young women in our ward a couple months before our ward boundary change.  I mentioned to the Bishop after the change that I didn't need to keep the calling, but my dear husband said he had no intention of making a change. Oh well!  So for the past few months I have been planning and getting things ready for girls camp.  I should have taken a picture of my family room as I started to gather up stuff the last couple of weeks.  Our house was being overtaken by crafts, goodies, tents, etc.  So on Tuesday the big day arrived.  We left for Camp Aerie at about 8am and spent 4 days there.  I don't really like camping, but I must say I thoroughly enjoyed myself.  The young women leaders in our ward are great, and I haven't laughed that hard in awhile. The girls in our ward are amazing, and I was so impressed with them.  It was a lot of fun getting to know them better, hearing their testimonies and listening to their insightful comments as we read the scriptures together.  It was a great week.  Yes, I came home exhausted, but it was worth it.

Why do painting projects always end up with painting clothes too?  I really hope they were old pants...

Our skit-Goldilocks Makes Righteous Choices

Goldilock's temptations

Goldilocks seeing Hot Teenage Boy Bear

Happily Ever After

Our cute camp decorations-Tiffany is amazing

Sitting around the campfire. 

The beautiful view from our hike

Our amazing YW president.  If you see her, ask her to break it down, or do the Haka. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment