Jan 7, 2012

Snow! Finally!


December was the driest on record. Not one of the driest or the 4th driest-THE DRIEST.  What does that mean-no white Christmas, almost no end to the hazy days, and some of the worst skiing conditions for the annual family ski trip the last week of December.  It has not felt like winter either.  We have had day after day of warm weather.  One day this week it was almost 60 degrees.  I do not like frigid temperatures, or so much snow that it makes it impossible to get around, but I do like some winter!  Last night they said it might snow, but not really enough to even measure, so I wasn't expecting anything.  I was pleasantly surprised to wake up this morning to 4 inches of snow.  Beautiful white blanketing the ground and sticking to the trees.  The kids and I quickly ate breakfast and went outside to build a snowman.  It was perfect snowman building snow (or snowball fight snow, if you are so inclined).  Who knows how much longer I will have kids who still like to build snowmen?  Had to take advantage of it while I could.  As we were outside I couldn't help humming to myself this song from my favorite Christmas movie...

Other noteworthy things from this week:
Ashley helped Breanna clean out her room.  Five garbage bags later, her room has never looked better.  Thank you Ashley for doing a job that I have been avoiding. 

Alexis and Ashley are back at school.  Lexie already started classes and Ashley starts Monday.  Sadly the house is quiet again.

Jared put 100 gumballs in his mouth last night at a party.  I am so proud.


1 comment:

  1. Proud and laughing grandmother here for Jared's huge accomplishment with gumballs. Other than that the pictures, info and blog is awesome as always.

    ReplyDelete