Jan 22, 2012

Another Sunday Sampler

Jared and Tony and I went to the Seminary Commemoration Fireside tonight at the conference center.  It was great, I am so glad we made the effort to go.  Pres. Monson was there.  I just love being in the same room as the prophet (even if it is a really big room).  The spirit is tangible, and I notice it every time I have the opportunity. I am so grateful to be led by a prophet!  I love the seminary program too.  My Dad taught seminary and institute and worked for the Church Education System for 40+ years.  I even was the janitor of the seminary in Brigham City when I was in Junior High. (Yes Dad got me the job, and I don't think I was very grateful).  My Dad loved teaching Seminary, and I loved that he would share all that knowledge with us too.  I liked watching the new filmstrips and seeing the new pictures.  I loved the seminary music...Moroni's Promise still comes to my mind. Pres. Packer was my Dad's supervisor or whatever the appropriate term is.  He is also the one that encouraged my Dad to get his doctorate-which he did.  My kids have loved Seminary and now Institute too.  It has definitely been a blessing in my life.
Tony's Dad and Karen and their son on his wedding day.
 Last week Tony's Dad and Karen stayed with us  for a few days.  They enter the MTC tomorrow and then leave next week for the Manchester, New Hampshire mission (yes I am already planning a trip).  They have always wanted to serve a mission, but hadn't planned to go quite yet.  They felt prompted that they needed to go now.  I am grateful for their example of being willing to serve when the Lord needs them to serve. 

I also gave blood last week.  It really isn't my favorite thing to do, believe it or not I am not fond of needles.  My Dad always taught me to buck up though and do the right thing, and giving blood is the right thing.  Plus they call me all the time because they like my blood type. I am grateful to be healthy enough that it is an option. Did you know that my Dad is 80 and still gives blood?  His blood pressure is the same as mine.  They like his blood type too (also the same as mine).

I believe the ski resorts should send me royalty checks for the money they will make with all this new snow.  I finally broke down and washed my dirty cars about a week ago, and what happens? Over three new feet (not inches-FEET) of snow in the mountains.  I had not washed them all winter at all, then I did and look what happened.  I think I at least deserve a thank you note. (But then I guess you could say the terrible snow they have had previously was my fault for not washing my car...)

I also found out this week that King Edward III is my 19th great grandparent-assuming the genealogy is correct.  If it is, then perhaps that is why I feel such an attachment to England and want to go there.  More than likely it is because I love to travel, and history and old buildings are my favorite things to see.  England has a plethora of both.  I do feel a more than normal attachment to England though.  If I could pick anywhere to visit it would be there.  Most of my ancestors are from there.  In fact an ancestor from my Mom and Dad's side both lived in the same area of England.  It's fascinating stuff.

Love Sundays.  Too bad they always have to come to an end.  Here's to a good week-I plan to make it great!

No comments:

Post a Comment