Jan 8, 2012

Happy Birthday Tony!

Today is Tony's birthday.  Since he is a year older than me, I obviously was not around when he was born, but I have spent the last 22 with him-so I think I might be a Tony expert. Anyway I thought for his birthday I would make a list of the things that I love about him (in no particular order)...
1. His sense of humor.  He loves to laugh.  If you don't know that about him, then you probably don't know him very well.
2. Good listener.  He will listen to me babble on forever.  And has even mastered the art of just listening, not trying to solve my problems.
3. Committed to the gospel.  The Lord comes first in his life, and was one of the first things that attracted me to him.
4. He loves me even though he know all of my flaws.  No one else knows me the way he does, and he still loves me.
5. Good provider.  He works so hard for our family.  He even went to school and worked full time so that I could stay home with Ashley when she was born.
6. Honest.  He risked losing a job once by refusing to do something that his superior told him to do that was dishonest.
7. Thoughtful.  He writes me poems or notes (not as often as he used to, but he still does it some).
8. Gentleman. He always opens the door for me, and has taught/is teaching our sons to do the same.  When we are out walking/running, he always walks on the outside.  (I guess so the car would hit him and not me)
9. Passionately opinionated.  I love that he is passionate about what he believes in.  Yes sometimes it might be a little strong, but I love that you always know exactly how he feels about things.  (It works too because usually we share the same opinions.)
10. His blue eyes.
11. Our shared passion for football and BYU sports in general.  Some of my favorite times with him have been at sporting events. (BYU vs. Miami and BYU vs. San Diego State in basketball last year, to name just a couple).
12. Listening to him sing.  I wish he did it more.
13.  His love for music.  His music interests are varied, and he can name just about any song and who sings it from the 70's, 80's and 90's.  He is a walking music trivia machine. (He does not like Justin Bieber, just FYI)
14. The way he smacks his lips together when he is talking.
15. His OCD behaviors about certain things.
16. His enthusiasm for life in general.  He's willing to go and do just about anything.  He'll let me drag him to art museums and historical buildings and just about everything else in between.
17.  His love and support of our children.  He goes to every game, recital or meet.  He'll rearrange his schedule if necessary.
18.  His ability and willingness to follow the promptings of the spirit.
19. His service to others.  He is a great example for our children of service.
20. He irons everything.  I hate ironing, and he is always willing to iron anything for me or the kids.
21. His computer geekiness.  He loves learning about the latest technologies, can fix our computer, or answer my questions and our kids questions.  He is like our own personal customer support without the accent.
22. His determination to stay fit.  A while ago he had put on quite a bit of weight, decided that was not what he wanted, and lost it.  11 years later he is still trim and exercises faithfully to keep it off.
23. and so much more...
Happy Birthday Tony!!

1 comment: