Jan 26, 2012

Laughter

“The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache.” ― Marjorie Pay Hinckley


We in the Benjamin household love to laugh.  Laughter can just brighten your day, and lift your spirits almost instantly.  It is for that reason that I got Tony and Jared tickets to go see Brian Regan for Christmas (and of course I had to go to to chaperone).  I have never seen him live, so I hoped that he was as clean as he was on the CD's I have heard, and he did not disappoint.  He was hilarious and completely clean.  We laughed so hard we cried.  I went to bed laughing, and am still smiling this morning thinking about different things he said and did.  Tony has been super stressed lately, and it was nice to see that genuinely happy smile on his face again.  It's an old saying, but laughter IS the best medicine.  Even the side effects are good.  So here's a shout out to Mr. Regan-thank you for entertaining me.  I am still laughing at your Christmas tree lights, your porridge, your uni-hair, your dancing, and next time I go to a hotel I just might tell them my name is Zippity DoDa. 
Here is one of his older jokes about poptarts-

No comments:

Post a Comment