Jan 5, 2012

Love/Hate

There are just some things that you love, but also hate.  Not sure exactly how that works, but it does.  I experienced this last night.  I got home late from a presidency meeting last night, and Ashley and Jared were up talking.  I talked to them for a few minutes, and then I was going to go to bed.  They said, "Mom, stay up and talk to us."  I was tired, but what do you do?  I stayed up and talked to them until about 12:30.  It seems if you want to talk to your kids you have to do it late at night.  I thought not getting enough sleep with children ended when they were babies, but not so.  I think I lose just as much sleep talking to my older kids late at night.  Even though it makes me tired, I wouldn't miss it for the world.  I love, LOVE talking to them, and I am absolutely willing to lose sleep for it.  I remember one night I was up extremely late (or early) with Ashley.  Tony had to get up at 3:30 to go help with a race, and Ashley and I hadn't gone to bed yet. Thankfully this isn't a nightly occurrence or I would probably pass out from sleep deprivation, but occasionally it's a great way to build and strengthen your relationship with your kids.  Sometimes I have wondered why they don't feel the need to talk at 4 in the afternoon, but I guess it's because all good things seem to require some sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment