Oct 30, 2011

A Beautiful Sunday

The air was crisp when I left for church this morning, but the sky was a brilliant blue.  I love fall and Sunday, so it's a perfect combination.  Such great meetings today, just what I needed.

I loved exercising this week.  The leaves are falling and I got to crunch through beautiful red and yellow leaves all week last week.  It made my day every day.  And the smell!! I love the smell of fall.  Don't know exactly how to verbalize it, but I love it.

Can't believe it's Halloween tomorrow.  I don't love Halloween, but I love what it precedes.  Many people have the fake cobwebs and spiders on their porches.  My spider webs are real, complete with nasty gnats that are stuck in them.  I may or may not clean them up after Halloween.

My oldest with some of her friends, dressed up for the Youth Conservatory Carnival at USU. (She's the one with the tiara.) Tony hates dressing up.  I think the last time I wore a costume was when I was in college.  
This week I went to my 9th graders concert.  His Madrigal group was actually quite good. Even if my son is a punk. :) The group was singing a song where a few of them were supposed to sit.  So he sits down puts his legs out and pulls his "look at how attractive I am face" without even cracking a smile.  What is a mother supposed to do?
Ready for the concert

We went to a Mexican restaurant last night.  The food was excellent, but the flan was to die for.  I haven't had really good flan since leaving Brazil, so this was definitely a treat for the taste buds.

End of the first term of school on Friday.  Wow! That went by fast.  November starts this week, which means it will soon be the most wonderful time of the year.  I love November and December.  After Halloween we start listening to Christmas music, it is my favorite.  Nothing like Karen Carpenter singing Christmas tunes.  (other favorites include the Osmonds (yes Donny and all the others), Bing Crosby and White Christmas are essential, Andy Williams, and so much more.) 





No comments:

Post a Comment