Oct 6, 2011

Thursday's Thoughts

Last week it was almost 90, today it is 42 and raining.  Wow, what a change.  I like the rain actually, but I would like a little bit of weather in the 60's please.  Fall is my favorite season, I don't want to skip it.

Steve Jobs-an interesting man.  My life has definitely been affected by him.  I remember using the Apple II at school and we had one at home in Brazil.  My two oldest daughters love their MacBooks, and iPods are used daily in our home.  Three members of my family couldn't survive without their iPhones in hand, and my husband uses an iPad to keep all his church stuff organized and at his fingertips.  For me personally though, I'm not necessarily a gadget girl.  I don't have an iPhone, I only use my iPod about once a week maybe, and our home computer is just your regular PC.  All that being said, I do recognize Steve Job's genius, and am grateful for his contributions.  (I love PIXAR movies!)

Just took my son to the doctor with an infected toe.  Obviously he had an incredibly high pain tolerance that he didn't even mention it to me until his toe was all red and swollen.  Crazy kid-and yes he is still running on it as well.  Man, he's tough!

You know how as a mother it is so easy to be critical of yourself, to wonder and worry that you aren't doing all the things you need to do to raise your children.  Some days are just hard, and you wonder if anyone even notices or appreciates all your hard work.  But every once in awhile you get what I call a payback moment.  I got one of those yesterday from my 18 year old daughter.  It made me cry.  I am pretty sure I don't deserve all the really nice things she said about me, but I am grateful and just want to let her know that she made my day, month and year at least.  I really do love being a mother even on hard days, but it is nice to know you have made a difference every once in awhile too.

No comments:

Post a Comment