Oct 18, 2011

Things that make me happy!

So I substituted for a kindergarten class today.  They were a very talkative bunch, but so cute.  I love how little kids can just love immediately.  They don't care what you look like or how you talk or dress.  We were walking around the track and two little girls came up and took my hand and we chatted while we walked around.  I think little kids are awesome.  Which made me think about things that make me happy.  So I decided to make a list of things that make me happy.  This is not an all inclusive list, and is subject to change without notice-but at this moment in time these are my top 10 (please note these are not in any particular order).

1. Fall colors and cool fall weather. -I love looking out my kitchen window at the colors on the mountain.  It just warms my heart.

2. Traveling-I love to see new things and new places.  My list of places I would like to see just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

3. Planning trips (closely related to #2)-I love researching about a place that I am going to visit and reading the history.  I love finding out all the things there are to do, and then trying to decide how to pack the maximum amount into each day.  Or finding out where the most beautiful beach is so that I can relax the whole day.

4. Watching my children grow up. -I always loved babies, but I was worried that I wouldn't handle teenagers well, and sometimes I don't honestly.  But I love having serious and not so serious conversations with my older children, even if it is when I really should be sleeping.

5. Smells - OK I don't love all smells, but I love how a smell can instantly transport me to a memory.  Like musty smells take me back to Brazil.  The smell in nursing homes reminds me of  caroling every year at Christmas time.  The smell of cinnamon rolls baking reminds me of Christmas mornings.

6. Nature- Aren't you just blown away by the majesty and beauty of God's creations.  I feel so at peace when I am outside and away from all the worldly distractions.

7. Movies- Last night we watched Rio.  I loved it.  It was animated, but it looked so much like the Rio of my memory.  I love watching movies with the family, snuggled up under blankets. ( I like most kinds of movies, all though it is harder and harder these days to find one that isn't trashy.)

8. My parents-They just celebrated 57 years together on Saturday.  Amazing!  Love them!  When I grow up I want to be like them.

9. Being together as a family. -We were just pulling flowers last night, but I loved doing it together.  I love laughing with them at Breanna's antics or Grant's talking to angles (scripture time you got to love it). I love when my kids just sit around and talk for hours, especially because they use to fight all the time.  I love vacationing with them.  I love watching my husband wrestle with his sons, and teach his daughters about football and car maintenance.
I mean wouldn't these faces make you happy?
 10. I could go on and on, but we'll stop with this one.- SUGAR- disguised in chocolate, cookies, candy and many other delicious treats.  I have always had a sweet tooth, and it is so satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment