Oct 15, 2011

My Week

I guess you could say my week was summed up by an experience I had the other morning.  I had downloaded General Conference onto my iPod so I could listen while running.  I put my headphones in my ears and waited to hear the sounds of conference. Nothing happened.  I checked to make sure that it wasn't paused, it wasn't.  So then I am trying to figure out what the problem was when I looked down and realized I never plugged my headphones into the iPod.  Yeah that was a good moment...I could spend some time worrying about my sanity, or my early onset dementia, or I can just laugh.  I choose to laugh. 

Really though the week wasn't all bad.  I read the Book of Mormon issue of the Ensign.  It 's great.  I loved reading and remembering Pres. Benson's talk.  I was a senior in high school when he gave that talk, and before I finished my senior year I finished reading the Book of Mormon all the way through on my own.  Coincidence that I did that after I heard Pres. Benson's talk-probably not.  I love the Book of Mormon, it has been a source of strength to me, and been a source of many answers to prayers.  I love how no matter what my problems are, I can find answers within it's pages.

I have also started on my conference quote calendar.  Love reading conference.  I have almost read through the first three sessions.  Here are just a few of my favorite quotes so far-


These prophecies about filling the world and being known world over: Preposterous? Perhaps. Unlikely? Undoubtedly. Impossible? Emphatically no. It is happening before our eyes.

It is not expected that you go through life without making mistakes, but you will not make a major mistake without first being warned by the promptings of the Spirit. This promise applies to all members of the Church.

The Lord doesn’t care at all if we spend our days working in marble halls or stable stalls. He knows where we are, no matter how humble our circumstances. He will use—in His own way and for His holy purposes—those who incline their hearts to Him.

How sad it would be if the phone and computer, with all their sophistication, drowned out the simplicity of sincere prayer to a loving Father in Heaven. Let us be as quick to kneel as we are to text.

Experience has taught me that if we, like President Monson, exercise our faith and look to God for help, we will not be overwhelmed with the burdens of life. We will not feel incapable of doing what we are called to do or need to do.

Whatever the cost of repentance, it is swallowed up in the joy of forgiveness.

In this battle between good and evil, you cannot play for the adversary whenever temptation comes along and then expect to suit up for the Savior at temple and mission time as if nothing has happened. That, my young friends, you cannot do. God will not be mocked.

In other news-I got a new calling again.  I was the Beehive Advisor, then the 2nd counselor in the Young Women's and now I am the 1st counselor in the Young Women's.  I feel happy and sad.  I loved working with the Beehives.  My sweet Breanna is a beehive.  That is why I am sad.  I am excited to get to work with the MiaMaids.  They are wonderful girls and I look forward to getting to know them better.  Strange stuff, but I feel at peace with it.  I have loved working with the Young Women though.  It's my first time, and it's great.  I have been doing my Personal Progress (I want the new one-I like it better than my one from when I was in Young Women's-and I can always use help being better).  I am amazed by the youth and their strength, and my heart aches for those who are struggling.  Oh if only you could just help them see the true path to happiness is God's path.

Enough rambling...it really was a good week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment