Nov 1, 2011

Halloween


Halloween 2011-Breanna still wanted to dress up even though I was mean and didn't let her trick or treat.  Harry Potter needs to tuck in his shirt-obviously Dad took these pictures not Mom.
Yesterday was Halloween-We washed windows (great way to celebrate right?) and carved pumpkins.  The kids all wielded the knives themselves this year, and only Grant went trick or treating.  We didn't even have to take him out this year.  I am getting old.   Old is good though I've decided.  Just in case you were wondering, having your kids grow up does not mean that you will get a good night's sleep.  At least in my family, the best time to have heart to hearts with my kids is always when I should be sleeping.  I was up late talking to one of my kids last night.  Yes I am tired, but I wouldn't trade those moments for anything. Some of my kids are more talkative than others, but I love talking to all of them.  It is in those moments that I find out what they are thinking, what they are struggling with, or excited about, what they feel and what they believe.  It is when confessions have been made, and important things decided upon.  Who needs sleep anyway?

With only one child still young enough to go trick or treating, though I was feeling a little melancholy and doing a little reminiscing.  So I was looking at some old pictures to remember.  Here are some of my favorite Halloween shots.
So pretty in pink. 
No costume in this one, but I just love this picture of Grant.
Belle with our own little modest addition.
I even let Jared grow his hair out a little so he could slick it back like Dash's.
Love these kids!

1 comment:

  1. It is such a fun-filled holiday with community and escape. Everyone needs a yearly escape from who they always are, to appreciate both the escape and the 'normal' more fully.

    Adoreable as always. . . doesn't time pass too quickly?

    ReplyDelete