Sep 18, 2011

Random & Not So Random Thoughts

I love Sundays!  I love the spiritual renewal, the rejuvenation to get through another week.  I love going to church, I love learning, being uplifted, and refocused on what matters.

I love my children.  Ashley came home this weekend-it was great to see her, she is amazing!  I am proud of my son who cut two minutes off of his race time in a 5K on Friday, I am also proud of the person he is trying to become even though it's hard sometimes.  I love Breanna who was worried about not going to the Celestial Kingdom because she "forgot to repent. Because sometimes she hits her brother and doesn't always remember to repent." I love Grant because he always gives me hugs even if I don't deserve them.  I love Alexis, because she is strong and independent.  Also I finally found a reason to be glad I have two kids at college.  My laundry day is so much easier now!

I love old musicals!  Sound of Music, Singing in the Rain, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Calamity Jane and so many more.  Howard Keel can sing!  Oh I am sure he was the heart throb of the musical day, because who on earth wouldn't want someone to sing to you like that!  I watched Show Boat the other day, kind of a sad musical actually, but it has some beautiful music.  My favorite though has to be Old Man River, it gives me the chills.
Lastly, yes I survived the total falling apart of my football team on Saturday night.  Yes I was at the game, and yes I stayed until the end.  No I am not giving up on my team, and yes I realize this could be a long season.  I am a fan win or lose, I believe in my team though and I believe they can turn it around.  I think when you are down is when you need support the most, so I will still be cheering for my cougars.  However-I would just like to add a quote from one of my all time favorite movies. Seems to be applicable here.
"We will be perfect in every aspect of the game. You drop a pass, you run a mile. You miss a blocking assignment, you run a mile. You fumble the football, and I will break my foot off in your John Brown hind parts and then you will run a mile. Perfection. Let's go to work."

2 comments:

  1. love the Remember the Titans quote. Turns out that movie is why my entire family knows "how many feet are in a mile."

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean-"5280 feet! You pick this ball up and run every one of them! You're killing me Petey! You're killing me!"

    ReplyDelete