Aug 16, 2011

I did it!

So have you ever set a goal for yourself, and failed to achieve it?  (If you can answer no to this question, please don't tell me.  I like living in my little bubble thinking that no one is perfect.)  I set a goal to read Jesus the Christ several years ago.  I got through about 600 pages of it, but then life got crazy and I never got back to it.  It has always bothered me.  I mean I was only 200 pages away from my goal, why not just pick it up and read those pages.  For some reason though, I just never did it.  Well, this year I decided I was going to finish it!  When I pulled it out to finish up those 200 pages, I really felt like I should start over.  So I did.  I started in January and finished it on Sunday August 14th, all 793 pages read this year.  This is not a light read, or a fast read.  It is deep, sometimes I had to read the same paragraph a couple of times before really grasping the meaning. I would highly recommend it though.  I often find myself pondering the things I have learned while reading that book.  It is such a great feeling to set a goal and accomplish it!  I might try to do it again...maybe The Mortal Messiah books will be next on my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment