Nov 20, 2011

Many were cold, but few were frozen

The boys with our neighbor at the game
Driving home from the BYU game late last night, I heard Mark Lyons make this comment.  It made me laugh, but it was also after midnight.  BYU's final home game didn't start until 8:15 pm.  Yes it was late, yes it was cold, but it wasn't awful.  We layered up, had blankets, and even had toe warmers for our shoes thanks to Tony.  We won the game in decisive fashion 42-7.  It was over really at half time.  This has been an interesting season.  Not what many expected, frustrating at times, but at the end of the day when all is said and done, it is still fun for me.  I love watching those kids out there loving what they do.  Nothing better than watching a receiver lay out to catch a pass, watching a running back carry what seemed like the whole defense another few yards, watching the QB duck a defender then throw a perfect strike to the open receiver for the touchdown, watching a hit that is so hard that you can hear it in the stands, or see the opposing teams QB get hit so hard that he fumbles the ball. I saw all that and more in the game last night. Yes I am a die hard who just loves the game, even if I am tired today because of it.

Thanksgiving is this week-how did it come so fast?  Love, LOVE, LOVE this time of year.

1 comment:

  1. You write so well Annette, have you ever thought of writing a book? I can almost feel the cold and the enjoyment from reading your post.

    ReplyDelete