Nov 16, 2011

1 Of The 101 Reasons I Could Never Be A Doctor

Nasty isn't it?
Jared has been dealing with an infected ingrown toenail for awhile now.  We took him to the doctor they put him on antibiotics, and a regimen of soaking the infected toe and applying antibiotic ointment to it.  It got a lot better, but has never really cleared up.  His toe was still red and tender to the touch.  So yesterday I took him to a podiatrist who went to work on his toe.  As he was numbing Jared's toe, and I could see my amazingly brave son flinch, I could hardly stand to watch.  Oh, it is so hard for me to let other people inflict pain on my children, even though I know it is necessary!  Then the doctor basically cut away part of his toenail and removed the huge piece that had grown into the skin.  I'll spare you the rest of the gory details, because they make me sick, which is why I could never be a doctor.  I have never really considered myself wimpy, I can handle shots, I watched while a doctor pulled dead skin away from my ankle after an injury when I was little, I have even had five children (ok so maybe I am a little wimpy-I had epidurals with all of them)-but when it comes to watching it on other people especially my children, well...I would rather not.

1 comment:

  1. I concur Annette, when it comes to watching my children get fixed up by a doctor. I have had a tendency to faint. I have worked in a dentist office and watched quite a few surgeries and even assisted and felt to pangs of weakness towards fainting. But the last time I tried to watch as they sewed up Tony's head, just could not do it. Sorry about Jared's bad toe here, looks awful, great post though.

    ReplyDelete