May 31, 2012

Children are always good for a laugh

I regret that when my kids were little that I didn't write down all the cute and funny things that they said.  I remember a few of them still, but alas I have forgotten most of it (along with everything else that I am supposed to remember).  I have found however that they still say things that make me laugh, and there is no time like the present to write down what they have said.  For example last night I was up late since I couldn't sleep, and my son and his cousin came in to ask if they could watch a video on you tube.  He told me what is was, and I asked him if it was appropriate?  He looked at me and said, "Mom do you really think I would ask your permission if I was going to watch something I knew was inappropriate."  Yeah I didn't really think that one through very well.  I did get a good laugh though.  This same son said the other day...I know I am supposed to love everyone, but does that mean I have to like them?

My two youngest kids fight sometimes, sometimes a lot.  The other night I said to them that someday they would like each other and actually be nice to each other.  Grant made some comment about what I said, and then Breanna yelled from upstairs, "I'll be nice to him when he is better looking."  I have no idea where that came from, but it was quite funny.

We went to see Avengers the other day and it was pretty intense for Breanna.  She commented after that she had to bite Grant a couple of times to be able to handle it.  (Don't worry no harm was done, no blood was drawn).
Bryce Canyon

One of my favorites, although it has been several years now, was when we went down to Bryce Canyon.  Grant was only about 2 1/2 and we did a lot of hiking.  He spent most of his time, since his short little legs couldn't keep up with us, on Tony's shoulders.  He was kind of a quiet kid, but loved all the hiking and was surprisingly talking quite a bit to Tony.  As we were on a particularly long hike he asked Tony, "Dad, is this Heavenly Father's back yard?" 

I realize that most people won't find these things and others as funny or as sweet as I do, because sometimes you just have to be there...but if I write them down I can enjoy them over and over again.

1 comment:

  1. They are sweet and also funny. Be glad you wrote them down. I wish I had done more journal writing. You forget the cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete