May 3, 2012

Braces again and other happenings

So you would think that at least one of my kids would have at least semi straight teeth wouldn't you? No! Breanna got braces this past week, making our fifth round with braces with our children. (Yes 5, Ashley had the privilege of doing braces twice so that makes 5, and we will be at 6 with Grant.)  I think Breanna might have enjoyed getting braces on as I got her a strawberry shake for lunch one day and a smoothie the next.  I have gotten soft in my old age...I am pretty sure I made Ashley and Alexis just tough it out. (I am sure they are stronger because of it though)

In other happenings...Alexis has finished her freshman year at BYU, and is already counting down the days until football season starts again.  She is still working at the MTC and loves seeing her friends that are all leaving on their missions.  (She liked serving David Archuleta too, even if he is about 4 inches shorter than her)
 Ashley finishes up her junior year at Utah State this week.  Last weekend we went to her Latter-day Voices concert in Logan.  It was fantastic-good music and the spirit-a perfect combination.  Jared loved it because a very cute girl from the choir came and got him to dance during a number.  I don't know which he liked better, dancing with the cute girl, or telling all his friends that he danced with a college girl.
 Best thing that has happened to me today?  Grant came up to me after family scriptures this morning and said, "I need a hug from my wonderful mother."  You just can't get enough of that as a Mom. 

Other news-I guess it official...we are going to go to New Hampshire this summer to see Tony's parents who are serving a mission there.  We have never been on a family trip that required airplane travel, so this could be an experience. Since we will already be back there we are going to see Boston, Palmyra and spend a little time in the Big Apple too.  I am so excited! One of my favorite things is planning a trip-figuring out how to get around, what to see, and most important how to pack as much in as we possibly can into the few days we will have.

And lastly, here is a quote from the April conference calendar that I just finished.  Have I ever mentioned that I love General Conference...


I am confident that our Heavenly Father’s arms are constantly extended, ever ready to embrace each one of us and say to each one with that quiet, piercing voice, “I love you.”

Paul E. Koelliker

No comments:

Post a Comment