May 21, 2012

BIG mistake

Once upon a time back in 2003 I let these cute little birds build a nest and lay eggs on my front porch.  It was fun to see the baby birds grow, and we all enjoyed watching it.  There was a huge mess on my front porch though, mud and droppings all over.  The baby birds flew away we cleaned up the porch and I thought that was that.  How wrong I was!!!!  Those birds thought my front porch was their home.  They would swoop at you when you'd walk out the front door, there were dropping everywhere and the mud everywhere. There was no way to keep the front porch even presentable.  So I decided that those birds would not ever build another nest on my porch.  Every year though, these persistent little things come back.  I can knock down nests two or three times in a day.  If we happen to be gone for the weekend a nest will be there, but I have become mean...I still knock it down.  I have also become a bit of a crazy woman each year when the birds come back, I go after them armed with squirt guns and even nerf guns.  If you have seen a crazy person on our porch yelling at cute little birds...it may or may not be me. 

1 comment:

  1. ahhh, but they are sooo cute! :: evil smile :: Ever consider getting a cat?

    ReplyDelete