Jan 21, 2013

Goals for 2013

Lexie and I at the Draper Temple last Friday
I read the other day that New Year's Resolutions are usually abandoned by the 17th of January.  How do  you make it past that date?  You don't set your goals until after the 17th.  I have been struggling deciding what I want to accomplish this year.  Goals should stretch you, but not kill you.  So I have been thinking this through when I contemplate a goal-is this something I can realistically accomplish? So, here is what I am thinking...

Will Do:
  • Read the Book of Mormon twice in 2013.  For the first time I am going to read it in 60 days.  Lexie is reading it all the way through one more time before her mission, so I thought I would join her.  
  • Attend the temple 4 times a month. (let's try it again)
  • Read the Doctrine and Covenants all the way through and do the reading each week for Gospel Doctrine. (I put these together because much of the reading for this year is the D&C)
  • Read Les Miserables.  Always wanted to read it, but almost 1500 pages has always held me back.  I am already on page 500 now though.  I will do it this time!!
  • Finish 2012 scrapbook.
  • Do Arches scrapbook. (Yeah that trip was 6 years ago, so many pictures so little time)
  • Do a family history project that is still in the planning stage. Finish planning and see if it is doable.
  • Fill up holes and touch up paint in the basement.
Would Like to Do:
  • Read two more classics after Les Mis.
  • Read last two volumes of the Mortal Messiah.
  • Read The Continuous Atonement
  • Do 2009 Scrapbook and finish Ashley's scrapbooks.
  • Paint the deck
  • Paint Jared's room
So there you go.  We'll see how it goes.  
       
       

    No comments:

    Post a Comment