Jun 6, 2013

Happy Birthday to my Aussie!


Today is Alexis' 20th birthday!  However in Australia it is now Friday, June 7th so it was her birthday yesterday there.  I am not in Australia, obviously, so it is still June 6th here.  This is the first birthday that we have not spent together, but as strange as that is, I really am glad she is where she is.  Not a day goes by that I don't think about her, and wonder how she is doing.  She has had her struggles in these first three months, with the visa delays and homesickness, but she is working it out.  Already the lessons she has learned will be invaluable to her throughout the rest of her life.  To hear her talk about calling people to repentance (not something she would do naturally), and being so overcome with love for the people she is teaching it warms my heart and makes all the hard stuff worthwhile.

I am grateful that my already amazing daughter, is having the opportunity to learn and to grow while she is sharing the gospel in Australia.   I hope that she has/had an amazing birthday today/yesterday (that whole different day thing is just weird), and that she could feel of our love for her on her special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment