May 28, 2013

Jared's First Prom

My 16 year old son decided he wanted to go to prom this year.  He was a little stressed about the whole thing, but I think he ended up having a good time. So crazy that all these little kids that I once had are now all getting old. (I had my very last primary child sing to me on Mother's Day-he will be 12 in October.  So strange...where does the time go!) Anyway enough waxing nostalgic!  Although I have mixed feelings about dances and the money and everything that goes with them, I think they can be fun and even reasonable.  I try not to make a big fuss out of it though, because I am not a big fan of the possible angst that comes when you don't get asked.  So we try to approach it as a fun part of high school, but not a necessary part of the school experience.  That being said it is fun as a mom to see your teenage son all dressed up, nervous and ready to go.  Hopefully he wasn't too stressed about the whole thing, and that he looks back on it as a good experience.
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. love seeing these pictures. Jared and his date look great and hopefully they did /he had a good time.

    ReplyDelete