May 16, 2013

Be Still

Have you ever wanted to know the end from the beginning?  Wanted to know what the outcome would be before you started the race?  Wanted to know how your kids would be before you had them?  In essence wanted to know if the benefits would outweigh the risks and trials that accompany almost everything in this life?  However if we knew everything, we would not need to walk by faith and trust in God.  Life is scary sometimes, and it is so easy to counsel Heavenly Father on what we 'need' and how we need it right now.  In His goodness, he patiently listens to us whine, and ask the same questions repeatedly even gently chastising when necessary to help us learn to trust in Him and realize that His plan provides much more happiness, even joy, than our muddled and often visionless ideas.  Often in the turmoil that is our life, we have to take time to be still.  Be still and remember that God is in charge, and if we will trust in him our outcome really is known.  I find that the easiest times for me to be still are when I am out in nature.  When my mind is blown by the majesty of His creations, I feel that the Lord is in charge and that I can do whatever might be required.  So I am including in this post some of my favorite pictures of places that I have visited often and others that I have only seen once, but all remind me to Be Still.
Sunset Beach in Hawaii

Zion's

Arches
Bryce Canyon

Mueller Park in Bountiful
Yellowstone
Island Park, ID

No comments:

Post a Comment