Jul 9, 2012

Blink twice and summer will be over

I remember when I was a young mother how summer seemed to drag on forever.  With the constant supervision required, no set schedules, and the every other second comment of "I'm bored!" Don't get me wrong I still loved summer, but it was a challenging time.  Now I feel like summer rushes by so quickly that we hardly have time to enjoy it.  I love having the kids home, I love having less structure when we can just enjoy each other's company, and I hate that it goes by so quickly.   One month GONE already.  How does this happen?  It happens because I have kids that have to be to work, kids that do swimming lessons, tennis and cross country.  Kids who are EFY Counselors who have to be transported between Provo and Logan because the parents won't provide them with a car.  Then throw in Girl's Camp and Priest's Camp and a trip to Island Park, holidays and birthdays.  Yeah it makes me tired just thinking about it. I wouldn't change a thing though...ok well if I could change something I would make it cooler and include some rain here and there. Summer is good and this year we even get a bonus few days since the kids don't go back to school until after Labor Day.  Then we will begin the dreaded 3 kids in three different schools, actually I guess it will be 5 kids at 5 different schools if you count the college kids. I am not thinking about that right now though.  My plan is to live and enjoy every second of the 56 days of summer that we have left!


1 comment:

  1. remember how I haven't even Made it to the cabin yet this summer. I feel too young for summer to feel so fast, I am too young right??

    ReplyDelete