Jun 22, 2012

My daughter is 21!


I have been at girl's camp all week, so I wasn't able to post this on Ashley's birthday, but I wanted to do a birthday post celebrating her 21st birthday.  I believe that Heavenly Father sends very special and strong children to be  the oldest child in a family.  Why?  Because new parents are clueless.  Ok well maybe not all new parents, but I certainly was clueless.  I had no idea what I was doing, so most of my parenting with her was experimenting.  Ashley was born a week early and weighed in at only 5 lbs 13 oz.  She was so little, and so beautiful with her blue eyes and red hair.  The first few months of her life were challenging and did not include much sleep, but after she got through colic around 4 months or so she became a model baby.  She was born with spirit and personality.  She was always a little character, and a trouble maker.  She didn't slowly walk her first steps, she ran them.  She was born passionate about life, and continues to live that way.  She is fun and enthusiastic and feisty.  She does have a little bit of a temper, but what I love about Ashley is that she is upset for a few minutes (literally) and then it's gone.  No harboring hard feelings, no pouting for hours, no lingering anger.  She is a perfectionist, and is often too hard on herself. She has always loved music, and before she could walk, she would pull herself up and bounce up and down to the beat.  She could sing song after song when she was 2 and be right on pitch. She loves to look for the good in people, and is the most amazing 21 year old that I know.  I am grateful that Heavenly Father sent  this fiery red head to our home who could handle a neurotic first time mother.



She pulled this hat over her head and then walked right into the desk.  We tried to take it off, but she refused and continued walking around and running into things.

Love this picture! Shows her personality perfectly!



 

Ashley's reaction to the new piano




She spent much of her high school choir career at the piano. 


No comments:

Post a Comment