Apr 13, 2012

Hunger Games


I finally went to see Hunger Games tonight, and I actually liked it quite a lot. I loved that it followed the book so closely. I liked the people they chose to play the characters. The story is bizarre and even creepy, but definitely compelling as well. We went to the 5:30 show to get the matinee price, yes we are cheap, and it works better for us aged individuals to go to early movies. Then we went to Kneaders for dinner which cost us under $3 since Tony had a credit there. Then on the way home we listened to the top 40 from 1989, this has kind of become a habit for us- love the 80's on 8 on Sirius XM. 1989 was the year we met, and we both laughed at the memories of the songs. Especially the number one song by Fine Young Cannibals-She Drives Me Crazy. One day Tony and I were walking into my apartment. Tony was singing this song rather loudly as we walked in the door. Little did we know that my roommate and her boyfriend were saying a prayer for their dinner right at that exact moment. Of course we all started laughing, and I laughed again tonight as I heard the song. That is one of my favorite things about music...the memories it evokes. Love Friday night dates!

No comments:

Post a Comment