Feb 22, 2012

President's Day Weekend


For some reason, that I am not complaining about, the kids had Friday and Monday off from school this past weekend, so we decided to go on a little vacation to Island Park.  I have already mentioned that I love this place, but I have never been there in the winter.  My grandpa's cabin was never winterized, so it wasn't ever an option.  But a friend of my brother-in-laws offered to let us stay at their cabin, so two of my sisters and their families and my family went up on Friday.  It was beautiful, breathtakingly beautiful.  We haven't had much snow here this winter, so it was fun to go and be in the snow.  The cabin was beautiful as well, and we had a nice relaxing weekend.  The skiers in the family went to Targhee where my cousin works and they had a great time skiing with smaller crowds and fresh powder.  They loved it, even though there was a few run ins with trees. We read, watched movies, played games and ate all weekend it was great.  When we came home the house was spotless, thanks to Ashley who cleaned up the mess we left behind.  Now I just need to remind myself that constant grazing is not good for my waistline...

Enjoying all the snow!

A little trip over to our cabin.

Sitting on the dock in the frozen lake. 

Making snow angels on the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment