Feb 14, 2012

LOVEly thoughts

Valentine's Dinner with my family a couple of years ago.
So it is Valentine's Day.  I remember the first time I had a valentine on Valentine's Day.  I thought it would be so wonderful....well, not so much.  Yes he took me out to dinner, yes he gave me a rose, and at the time I even enjoyed it-mostly.  For me though I find that rarely is the beautiful romantic evening that we play out in our head or see in a movie actually what happens in real life.  And really that one romantic moment or that one day that your special someone pays extra attention to you is nice, but it isn't what it is all about.  When you truly love someone hopefully you don't wait for special occasions to tell them how much you love them.  Hopefully the people you love know you love them everyday by the way you treat them on a daily basis.  I am grateful for the beautiful note and sweets that my husband gave me this morning.  It made me get teary eyed, but I am much more grateful for the love he shows me day in and day out.  I am more convinced of his caring for me because of the little and big things that he does everyday, not what he does on Valentine's Day. I hope he knows by my actions that I am grateful for him everyday...not just today!

 Just a little word of WARNING...
Our 15 year old son is now in possession of a learner's permit and could be found terrorizing the roads at any time.  I can't believe it is time to teach another child to drive!  It is not my favorite job in the world.  The kids say that I am actually pretty calm about it, but they laugh at the death grip that I have on the door handle.  I have taken Jared driving once so far, and yes I have already gripped the door handle.  Truly he did a pretty good job for his first time, but it is just so hard to not feel a little panicked when you have no control over the car.



No comments:

Post a Comment