Sep 29, 2013

Hooray for Fall

Celebrating Grant's 3rd Birthday in Mueller Park
I say this every fall, but I really do love it.  I love the nip in the air, I love the smell, I love that our power bills finally become bearable again.  I love a good, cloudy day with a few sprinkles, that in Utah are almost always followed by days with skies of piercing blue.  Life is full of challenges, stress and uncertainty, but the wonder of fall with it changing leaves and temperatures help to keep me grounded.  (Just like spring does after a looonnngg winter)  Just like Pres. Uchtdorf said, there are seasons in all of our lives, some are good, some not so much, but always there is the promise of something better even in the darkest and longest of seasons.

I loved the Relief Society broadcast.  I was reminded of things I need to do to be a better covenant keeper.  I loved Pres. Monson's message.  We weren't sent here to walk alone, and God's love is ALWAYS available to us.  In this crazy world of constant change, how wonderful to have a loving Heavenly Father and Savior to be a constant in our lives, to help us through all seasons.

In other news-Grant is turning 12 on Tuesday!  I listened to my very last primary talk today.  He is so excited to go to Priesthood with his Dad on Saturday night.  I suppose he does have some deacon-like behavior showing up, but nothing too serious.  The other night he was in our room before going to bed.  He was walking out of the room and said, "I love you, Mom."  Tony was standing right by me, but he said nothing to him.  Tony responded, "What am I? Chopped liver?"  To which Grant responded, "Good night, Dad," with a huge grin on his face.  Grant and I started to laugh, and as he walked out of the room he added, "Dad, I love you too."

Sunday Funny-a young boy in the primary shook Tony's hand today, and seemed to be very excited about it.  Then Tony heard him tell a classmate in an animated voice, "I just shook the hand of ..wait was that the Bishop or the prophet?"  

Can't wait for General Conference next weekend!  Best two weekends of the year!  (Interesting that they come in Spring and Fall...)

No comments:

Post a Comment