Aug 29, 2013

Football and other random thoughts

Today is a good day.  Why?  Football season starts today!  My team doesn't play until Saturday, but I can get caught up in just about any game.  Two of our opponents play each other tonight, so I am looking forward to checking out our competition.  I just love this time of year.  Fall and football, can it get any better?  Cool weather, hard hits, long passes for touchdowns, or a break away run.  Love, LOVE it!

Also I went to the temple today.  Had to wait 45 minutes to get into a session.  Never happened to me during the day before.  I loved it.  I just felt peaceful and content, and how cool to see the temple packed to capacity.  After the session there were a couple of older ladies talking rather loudly.  Lady 1 says to Lady 2, "When did you wash your skirt last?  It looks terrible, like you spilled milk all over it."  Then Lady 1 said to Lady 2, "You shouldn't wear your shirt like that, it makes you look fat."  I couldn't help but smile.  Then I watched this same Lady 1 patiently write down ALL of the names that Lady 2 wanted to put on the prayer roll without a complaint.  I love the temple.

Got what I am guessing is a form letter from Lexie's mission president about her being transferred and being a trainer.  Form letter or not, I believed every word of praise about my daughter that was written in that letter. :)  She is training a sister from the United States and will be serving just outside of Sydney. 

Lastly, I saw this old commercial today, and immediately thought of my children.  Ashley and Breanna especially.  It made me smile, so I thought I would share it here  (Viewer discretion advised-it is a church commercial after all.)

No comments:

Post a Comment