Aug 19, 2013

Family Is What It's All About

You know, I love Sundays!  Yes, I love it for the reasons you might think, but I also love it for the family time we have.  It's a day when from 5 or so on everyone is home and mostly unplugged, and I just love it.  Of course not everyone was home yesterday-Ashley is in Logan and for 13 more months Lexie will be gone, but I will take whatever family time I can get.  A typical Sunday scene is Tony falling asleep at the dinner table (poor, tired Bishop) as we TRY to discuss what we learned in church.  Usually this discussion includes some crazy comment from Breanna, a wise crack from Jared, Grant pulling some deacon like prank on his sister, and Tony trying to keep his eyes open.  Every once in a while a truly spiritual moment happens, but most of the time I hope the learning is happening in between the laughter and fights.  And you know what I wouldn't want it any other way.  At about 6:30 we all become glued to the phones frantically checking our emails, as we wait for the blessed Australian emails to arrive.  What a great addition to an already great day.

As we just finished making salsa tonight for Family Home Evening (we had to do something with all of those delicious garden tomatoes), I just felt so grateful for my family. Love them!

A funny moment from yesterday when we were trying to pray-Jared was explaining that when you love someone they are funnier to you than they would otherwise be.  So you would be more likely to laugh at their jokes, etc.  Breanna immediately said, "Well then that is why I always laugh so hard at my jokes."  This then led to a totally useless conversation about what we should sing for our family musical number in September and lots of laughter.  It made me think of my Dad who would get so annoyed as we would talk forever before family  prayer when I was a kid.  We would get laughing, and couldn't stop.  He would say in frustration, "I hope your Heavenly Father has a sense of humor."  I am pretty sure he does. :)
After I wrote this post, I noticed that Ashley wrote about our discussion on a musical number, which she became a part of through text. I guess we were both thinking the same things today. You can check it out here. Ashley's Anecdotes

2 comments:

  1. I saw the text you sent Ashley on her blog and laughed out loud. I miss you guys! And I've officially decided that Ashley needs to teach me to change my blog look too. (I'm just assuming she helped you with yours, I LOVE it.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We miss you too! Love looking at the pictures you post. Hope you are surviving. It's a lot of change and sometimes it is just plain hard to be a mom. Ashley did redesign my blog, she did it at work when she was given the assignment to practice the art of looking busy.:)

      Delete