Dec 21, 2012

Merry Christmas from Kyle Van Noy

I have not written many football posts this season, but anyone who knows me, knows that BYU football is a big part of our life in the Benjamin household.  We painted our basement with BYU colors, and BYU banners, pictures etc. adorn the walls.  We are season ticket holders, and life stops for game day.  Our children are pretty passionate about it too. So this season has been painful for us.  Yes we have a winning record, but we came so close to having an amazing season and couldn't do it.  We were within three points of the team that is playing in the National Championship.  That game and others could cause me endless frustration if I chose to dwell on it (4 of 5 losses were 6 points or less-ahh the agony!). All that being said I was nervous about our bowl game against SDSU last night. First half did nothing to restore my confidence.  Same old story of the whole season...defense came to play, and the offense...what offense?  Then the fourth quarter happened, and Kyle Van Noy decided he was not going to let us lose another game.  He scored two touchdowns, and was SDSU's worst nightmare play after play.  (Of course he had some help from his defensive friends, and from our punter-his punts were a thing of beauty.)  So I give my heartfelt thanks to KVN and the rest of the team for at making my Christmas a little merrier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment