Mar 10, 2012

Ways you know you are getting old...

In honor of my birthday, I thought I would make a list of some of the things I have noticed as I get older.

1. You wake up in the morning with more aches then you went to bed with.
2. You can't remember what you needed to do upstairs once you get up there.
3. The songs you listened to in high school are on the oldies station.
4. The clothes you wore in high school are now being worn by kids in high school today. (they are still ugly)
5. You can't remember how old you are. 
6. A late night movie is 8:00pm, and you still fall asleep.
7. The kids you stay up with late at night are much older, and communicate much better.
8. All the things you thought were important to have as a teenager, just aren't important anymore.
9. Your late night snack needs to be eaten by 7:00 if you don't want to gain weight. (and should probably be fruit or vegetables instead of ice cream)
10. You still hide things from your kids, but unfortunately you hide them from yourself as well.

I think I just might have a mid-life crisis that will only be cured by a trip to Europe!

1 comment:

  1. Phillip said you should have added, "your nephews call you Grandma" to the list. ;)

    ReplyDelete