Mar 6, 2012

Spring and the Salt Lake Temple

My daisies- the green is already starting to push up through the soil.  I can't wait!
I was out running yesterday.  The sun was shining, robins were out, and it was warm.  No jacket or gloves required!  It has been a mild winter, but I am still ready for spring.  I am ready for green grass, and fragrant flowers.  For fresh fruit and garden tomatoes.  I am ready for the earth to be renewed from it's current dreary state.  To hear the wind lightly blow the leaves on the trees.  Spring is my absolute favorite time of year (autumn is a close second).  I love March, not only because it is my birthday month, but because it is when everything that seems dead comes back to life. Yesterday gave me a case of spring fever.  Please, please bring it on!

For the last two weeks the Bountiful Temple has been closed so I have made a few trips into Salt Lake.  Initially I was being lazy and didn't want to make the extra effort to go to Salt Lake.  So lame I know!  I apologize for my laziness to all those who have to travel more than 15 or 20 minutes to get to the temple.  After getting to the temple though I was so glad I made the effort.  I LOVE the Salt Lake Temple.  The pioneer spirit is alive and well there and it always permeates my being and leaves me feeling like I can be faithful and make sacrifices for the gospel just like my pioneer ancestors.  I am always blown away by the intricacies of the temple and to think that it was constructed in the 1800's just blows my mind.  I am actually grateful the Bountiful Temple was closed so that I took the opportunity to go to the Salt Lake Temple.  We also took Jared and Breanna there last week to do baptisms.  We had a bunch of family names and we decided to do them in Salt Lake.  I just love all the little details in the Salt Lake Temple, the beehive doorknobs that are lower that you would expect on all the intricately carved doors.  The incredibly long hallways that even people with a good sense of direction (not me) could get lost in.  It was a great experience for all of us.  It is nice to have a little piece of heaven so close to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment