Mar 31, 2013

Easter Sunday

When I was 16 years old, I heard Elder Bruce R. McConkie give this talk.  It was his final testimony before he passed away.  Honestly I had never been a huge fan of his talks growing up, they usually went right over my head.  When he started speaking this time it was different though.  As he bore his testimony of the Savior, I sat riveted to my chair.  I consider that moment somewhat of a life changer for me.  I wanted to have a testimony of my own of the Savior; a strong testimony that would sustain me and enable me to say that I wouldn't know my Savior any better than I already did when I was in His presence.  On this Easter Sunday as I reflect on the Savior and my testimony these many years later, I realize there is much that I still want to and need to learn, but I can say that I know that my Savior lives.  I know He died for me and was resurrected.  A little girl that I tutor was talking to me on Thursday.  Her mother had died some time ago, but Thursday was her birthday.  This girl showed me her birthday card to her mother.  In it she wrote, "Mom, will I ever see you again."  It broke my heart that she even had to wonder.  The glorious message of this Easter season is that HE LIVES, and because of this we will all live again.  How grateful I am for this knowledge-I know that my Redeemer lives! 

No comments:

Post a Comment